Requesting a mobile phone for work
Staff who make business calls can request a mobile phone for work use. Find out what phones are available from EE and how to request one.
Choosing and requesting your phone
- Submit a request to your line manager who can authorise the purchase.
- Read the University's guidelines to acquiring and using a mobile phone for business use, and sign the acceptance form.
- Send a request for the phone you want, along with the above, signed form, to your department's finance team. We will also need to know your departmental EE account number, available from your finance team or us, and the name of the person who the phone is for.
- We will then order your phone once we have received an Agresso order from your finance team, and the above details.
- Your IT supporter will register your phone with our mobile management system. You will then be able to collect your device from them.
As stated in the expenses guidelines, staff must not purchase equipment themselves and reclaim it on expenses. The University will not reimburse personal mobile phone purchases.
Upgrading your phone
You should discuss upgrades with the IT Shop. Please note that upgrades are chargeable.