Requesting and using Autodesk Educational Community Software
If you are a student or academic, you may be able to use Autodesk Software for your studies or research. Find out how to use the software and who can use it.
Overview of Autodesk campus solution at the University.
A modern day replacement for the drafting table, Autodesk is a CAD software suite solution which aids in business design, engineering and construction. It allows projects to be visualised, simulated and is a market leader for Building Information Modelling (BIM) software.
Autodesk offer a wide range of applications within the Educational Community.
These products are free to University Staff and students when used for educational purposes only. Depending on the application, Autodesk products can be installed on any machine owned by the University or by its staff and students.
Products currently used at the University
- A product which supports the users in creating 3D designs and speed documentation;
- Connect with the Cloud to collaborate on designs and access them from your mobile device.
Autodesk Fusion 360
- The next generation product innovation software;
- As a cloud enabled collaboration platform, it allows designers to share and review project data;
- Provides 3D and 2D drawing capabilities.
Autodesk Inventor Professional
- Provides tools for 3D mechanical design, documentation and product simulation;
- Offers digital prototyping to aid design and validate your products;
- Tools that can simulate, optimise and generate geometry based on real world conditions.
Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis Professional
- A software product for studying how loads effect physical structures and their components;
- Provides a comprehensive set of tools to model and analyse buildings;
- Simulates the effects of external forces on the structural design.
Who can use Autodesk software
Autodesk offers a variety of software each with its own terms and conditions. Please Review the conditions before proceeding to use the software on campus or download.
When you can use Autodesk software
The Autodesk Educational Community Software is free to University staff and students for teaching, learning and academic research. If users of Autodesk wish to use the software for any purposes other than these, please contact the Service Desk
Where you can use Autodesk software
Autodesk currently offer software under different categories of licence:
The Institutional licence is available only for use only by accredited Educational Institutions. This licence allows installation only on University computers.
Students and Educators:
If you are enrolled as a student, employed by or are a contractor of the University then this licence is available to you directly from Autodesk. This allows installation of the software on non-university machines.