Research Analytics Service
The Research Analytics Service supports researchers and Departments/Schools in accessing and interpreting publications, citations and collaboration data.
About the Research Analytics Service
We can advise on using publications, citations and collaborations data to:
- Evidence your research strengths
- Monitor & benchmark the research profile and performance of your research group, Department or School
- Explore a research field: identify key institutions, researchers & journals
- Explore collaboration networks
We can also provide tailor made reports to support University activities. We adhere to and advocate the University of Bath’s Principles of research assessment and management.
Common sense advice on writing and disseminating research publications that can help your work attract citations.
Develop your publishing strategy by drawing up a shortlist of aspirational journals. This guide is full of ideas for finding and evaluating relevant journals.
How to use the SciVal research analytics database to benchmark and evidence the strengths of your research publishing track record.
How to find researchers who share your research interests by using SciVal, a publications based research analytics tool.
- SciVal – publications, citations and collaboration analysis
- Web of Science – citation data and journal impact factors
- Scopus – citation data and journal metrics
- Google Scholar – citation data and author profiles
- Journal Citation Reports – journal impact factors
- SCImago - SJR journal metric
- CWTS Journal Indicators – SNIP journal metric
- Altmetric – download the free Bookmarklet tool to explore online attention to scholarly publications
- ORCID - persistent digital identifiers for researchers. Find out how to link your ORCID to Pure.