Storing your bicycle
You can store your bike on campus and off campus using one of our secure cycle stores or designated cycle racks.
Secure storage for bicycles
You can find secure bike stores on campus:
- outside the main entrance to 4 South
- at the south side of 3 South
- outside Osborne House
- at the rear of 3 East
- at the west side of 10 West
- outside the entrance to 4 East South
- at the Wessex House cycle store near the South lift
To gain access to the stores, email our technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org from your University email account.
You cannot reserve a space in these stores. Having access does not guarantee you a space.
They are not designed for long-term storage.
Bike storage for students living in University accommodation on campus
At each location, there is a combination of secure and standard spaces.
Secure spaces are accessed with your library card. Standard spaces require the use of a bike lock.
- between Marlborough Court and Eastwood houses
- between The Quads and Solsbury Court
- between The Quads and Woodland Court
- Cotswold, in Westwood
You can request one of these spaces by emailing the email@example.com
Bike storage for students living in University accommodation off campus
These bike stores are secured with combination locks. You gain access to these stores by asking for the code at the West Accommodation Centre. You must pay a £15 deposit, which is refunded at the end of the year.
The bike stores at the John Wood complex are also open to students living in Carpenter House.
You can request one of these spaces by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bike storage for members of staff and students in the city
There is a secure cycle store in the Canal Wharf residence at the foot of Bathwick Hill in Raby Mews. You must reserve a space to use this store.
Here you can secure your bike and walk or catch the bus up Bathwick Hill to the University.
Contact Jane Eyles at email@example.com from your University email account to request a space.
As well as offering secure storage, we have numerous bike racks available on campus. These are available for all staff, students and visitors.
You can park your bike in the following locations:
- 2 South
- under the stairs between 2 East and 2 West
- 2 East
- 4 East
- 4 West
- between 6 West and 4 West
- 6 West
- between 8 West and Wessex House
- bus terminus
- The Chancellors’ Building
- Chaplaincy by the underdeck
- Marlborough Court
- Norwood House, by the underdeck
- Quarry Road
- Solsbury Court
- Sports Training Village
- between the Sports Training Village and East Building
- athletics track at the Sports Training Village
- Wessex House
- West Accommodation Centre
- Westwood, in Derhill and between Cotswold and Wolfson
View our map of cycle racks on campus.
Where not to store your bike
Do not secure bikes to railings. This could block access routes for people with disabilities. Instead, use the many secure stores and bike racks available.
If you rented one of these locks in exchange for a returnable deposit of £15 in the previous scheme, we will return your deposit if you do not wish to keep your lock. We will return deposits for hired locks until 31 December 2016.
You can help protect your bike against theft by marking the frame with your post code.
You may also find it useful to add your bicycle to Bike Register, the Police-approved, national cycle database, so that your bike might be found if it is stolen.
Showers for cyclists
You can use the showers on campus after your ride.
There are showers for cyclists in:
- 4 West level 0 (accessible 24/7, second door on the right from the rear of 4 West)
- the underdeck level 1 (accessible 24/7 from the underdeck door between the library and 1 West)
- 10 West level 0 (accessible 24/7 to building occupants, or 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday to non-occupants)
- 4 East South level 1 (accessible 24/7 to building occupants, or 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday to non-occupants)
Email our technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org from your University email account to gain access to these showers.
The lockers in these showers are not allocated and are available on a first come, first served basis. You can secure these using your own padlock.