Good practice discussions
We support the development of good practice discussions to help you enhance the effectiveness of your learning and teaching and the quality of the student learning experience.
Our quality code of practice statement QA54 provides further information on the process to support the development of these discussions. It sets out the aims of good practice discussions as follows:
To enhance the effectiveness of theUniversity’s learning and teaching provision and the quality of the student learning experience by:
- offering opportunities for reflection on, and exchange of information about, an identified theme
- identifying and disseminating examples of good/effective practice in relation to cross cutting themes
- identifying Departmental/Faculty/School/Learning Partnerships Office, institutional and/or strategic issues relating to a particular theme, in relation to which further development or enhancement activity may be required.
You can read the current good practice discussions on:
- formative assessment
- integration of international students
- linking teaching and research
- overseas students
- placement learning
- feedback to students
- Staff Student Liaison Committees (SSLCs)