Dr Kellie Brain Pre-Award Development Officer
Kellie advises academic staff on the preparation of their research proposals and acceptance of research awards.
- Biology and Biochemistry
- Department for Health
Preparation of Proposals
As your Pre-Award Development Officer, Kellie is responsible for:
- training on using the University costing system (Proposal to Award Management)
- advising on compliance with internal and external procedures when applying for funding
- checking all external research funding applications
Most major funders now have electronic submission systems, which submit your proposal via the Pre-Award team. Allow at least five working days for Kellie to check and submit your proposal.
Acceptance of Research Awards
If your proposal is successful, Kellie is responsible for:
- checking terms and conditions of funding offers prior to signature or formal acceptance
- preparing budgets for internal approval
Kellie worked in the School of Management on the Bath MBA before moving into Research and Innovation Services. She has since worked in the Pre-Award team. Before coming to Bath, Kellie worked for English Partnerships and NatWest Bank.
Kellie has a degree in Biology from the University of Cardiff, is a qualified teacher and has a PhD in Environmental Biology from the University of Manchester.