The Doctoral College is looking to appoint a student casual worker to provide project support and administration for a number of our activities. This is an exciting and varied role supporting and developing core doctoral engagement activities. It is important to recognise that the duties of the role will vary, but will likely include the following:
- coordination of the doctoral peer mentoring scheme
- project support to our doctoral recognition awards
- administration and support of our DoctoralSkills training programme.
This post is being offered on a casual contract and work will be offered on an ad-hoc basis when required to meet demands of the business. We anticipate this to be an average of 3 hours per week, but there may be more or less depending on business needs.
Who we are looking for
A successful candidate should meet the following criteria:
- You must be a current student at the University of Bath registered on your programme until at least July 2023 with eligibility to work in the UK.
- You should understand what excellent customer service involves.
- You will have competent IT skills and most aspects of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and/or digital communication skills
- Able to work with a range of people, e.g. academic staff, students, professional service staff, senior managers etc.
- Enthusiastic can-do attitude and proactive approach to problem solving
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
It is desirable if you:
- Have previous experience of working in a large organisation or administrative role
- Are aware of University facilities and support structures relevant to doctoral study
- Have experience and understanding of a peer mentoring scheme
How to apply
Applications will close on Wednesday 5th October 2022 at 12pm (Noon). Applications should be submitted via the online application form. It is expected that interviews will take place on Tuesday 11th October 2022.
Rate of pay
You will be employed as a casual worker 5 (CW5) at £12.49 per hour (plus 12.07% holiday pay).
If you want to discuss this role before applying then please contact Dorcas Mumford, Doctoral Progression and Engagement Manager.