We are delighted to announce the latest Open Call for the EPSRC IAA Impact Development Awards. This is for projects that support, develop and foster strategic partnerships for knowledge exchange and impact in the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) remit.
This competitive award is targeted at projects that support:
- one of the University’s three priority research themes: Sustainability; Health and Wellbeing; Digital
- one of the Bath Beacons
- projects which are working towards strong impact case studies for future REF
Projects must demonstrate clear potential for impact that is built on research which relates to a past EPSRC grant, or research in the EPSRC remit, and have a clear plan for how that impact will be achieved and evidenced.
Two tiers of funding are available:
- Tier 1: Projects up to £25,000
- Tier 2: Projects between £25,001 to £50,000
A total of £100,000 is available for the call. We expect to fund between 2-5 projects.
We would particularly encourage applications from, although not limited to, the following areas in the current call:
- departments which have relatively low take-up of IAA funding in relation to their EPSRC portfolio (Architecture and Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematical Sciences and Physics)
- under-represented groups, including female academics, ethnic minorities and early career researchers
- projects that are expected to lead to policy changes
- collaborative projects involving the University of Bath and at least one other GW4 university
- interdisciplinary projects that span the EPSRC and other UKRI Funding Council remits (must be at least 50% within the EPSRC remit)
Types of activity
Activities could include, but are not restricted to: knowledge exchange projects with non-academic stakeholders, partnership development, prototyping, industry secondments, informing policy or engaging policymakers, market research and commercialisation activities.
- Download the application pack
- Sign up to attend one of the drop-in sessions on Monday 8 January 2024, 10:30-12:00, or Thursday 25 January 2024, 13:30-15:00. Otherwise contact the IAA team to discuss your idea if you can’t make those times: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit your application by the deadline of 4pm on Tuesday 20 February 2024 to the IAA mailbox: email@example.com
Please get in touch with Alice Hovanessian if you have any questions or require the materials in a different format: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 384583.