The University has announced that it will create a cross-institutional Doctoral College for the 2017/18 academic year.
The Doctoral College will support the University’s aim to become an international leader in graduate education by:
- driving innovation in the delivery of doctoral provision and facilitating the expansion of our doctoral student population
- providing a single central point of access to a range of professional support services for doctoral students
- offering doctoral students a consistent, high-quality programme of career and personal development opportunities across our discipline base
- providing an institutional focal point for engagement with prospective and current students, external partners and funding bodies
- providing an institutional forum for sharing good practice from across our discipline base
- offering clearer opportunities for career progression and development to those working in the area of doctoral student support
If you're a member of University staff, you can read the Doctoral College Wiki for more information, including details of relevant events. You can also keep up to date with blogs written by the Project Manager of Doctoral Provision, Val Skinner, and the Pro-Vice Chancellor (Research), Professor Jonathan Knight.