The Brilliant Club
The Brilliant Club, an award-winning charity, is offering doctoral students at the University of Bath a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing community of like-minded researchers.
The Brilliant Club works with PhD researchers, universities and schools across the UK to challenge the inequalities in access to university.
The Scholars Programme
The Scholars Programme offers doctoral researchers an opportunity to deliver university-style tutorials, designed to emulate the learning that students would experience in a higher education setting. Over the last seven years, they have recruited, trained and placed over 1,500 researchers through the programme.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable teaching and public engagement experience and get paid for it. As a tutor, you will:
- receive high-quality free training and support
- make a significant impact on school pupils in the local community, helping them to develop the knowledge, skills and ambition to access Higher Education
- gain valuable teaching experience
- disseminate your research to a unique, non-expert audience
- enhance your knowledge of the UK education system
- join a community of like-minded researchers across the UK
- be paid £500 per placement, plus an additional £100 for designing a new course, and travel expenses (if applicable)
Find out more
To find out more about this tutoring opportunity come along to one of our The Brilliant Club information webinars.