Do you want to embed impact into your research practice but are unsure how to do this? This might be the course for you! There is a current opportunity for researchers at the University of Bath to attend ‘Impact Integrators’, an online, self-paced research impact training course. This is provided by Walcott Communications for the University of Bath.
What you will get:
- a live online kick-off meeting at the beginning of every cohort
- access to two foundation courses: Course 1, Integrating Impact into Your Everyday; Course 2, Integrating Impact into your Grant (Course 2 follows on from Course 1)
- access to monthly live and recorded tutorials which complement the course content and occasionally feature guest speakers with an opportunity to raise questions or issues in relation to the course
Please note, access is given to Course 1 first, and to Course 2 once you have completed 80% of Course 1. The course is reflective and is designed to help you form habits and ways of thinking about impact in relation to your own research that is applicable whatever the discipline. The goal is that by the end of both courses you will have the basics of a plan in relation to your research that you can bring to your Impact Managers to progress further. There is no marking of your work and the course is self-paced.
You might have to provide your University of Bath email to access the form.
The form asks for the following information:
- What does impact mean for you/your research?:
- Reason for applying (short explanation of needs):
- Preferred cohort:
Even though the course is open for completion for one year, it will be staggered in three cohorts. When applying, therefore, please indicate which cohort you would like to be included in (depending on numbers, some flexibility would be appreciated):
- Cohort 1: mid-November 2022 - end of January 2023
- Cohort 2: end of January 2023 - April 2023
- Cohort 3: April 2023 - July 2023
We will notify you as soon as possible following your registered interest.
Places are offered on a first come first served basis.
The course is free for up to 30 University of Bath academic staff and PhD students. The University asks that you write a short reflective account once you have completed all the elements of this training.
For any queries, please contact Anna Simandiraki-Grimshaw on email@example.com.