Over 6,000 people die by suicide in the UK every year.
One in five of us will experience suicidal thoughts.
Would you know what to say or do if someone you know was struggling?
On Friday 8 September, the Zero Suicide Alliance (ZSA) is hosting an online train-a-thon ahead of World Suicide Prevention Day on Sunday 10 September and we want you to get involved.
There are two sessions to choose from:
- afternoon session: 1.00 to 2.30pm (BST)
- evening session: 6.30 to 8pm (BST)
What the online session will cover
Based on the Zero Suicide Alliance 20-minute suicide awareness training, the train-a-thon sessions will cover more around suicide awareness and prevention including:
- suicide facts
- discussion around suicide, stigma, and language
- suicide warning signs
- tips for preparing to have a conversation with someone you’re worried about
- the importance of being direct
- scenarios and case studies to demonstrate how to put into practice the tips covered
- a question-and-answer session with the training hosts
After the session you’ll get a certificate of completion and resources relating to the course content.
Cost: free of charge.
If you attend, please let us know at email@example.com. We'd love to hear your feedback.