By engaging in these workshops, you will have the opportunity to learn more about mental health and wellbeing issues that may arise and consider how to manage them.
These interactive workshops are independent of and complementary to each other and are suitable for all staff who wish to:
- develop your knowledge of mental health, stress, resilience and wellbeing, and
- enhance your skills, behaviours and confidence in managing these topics effectively and positively
No prerequisite knowledge or training is required.
Managing Mental Wellbeing at Work
This is a two-hour workshop for managers and supervisors to:
- enhance your awareness of mental health and wellbeing
- identify the sources, causes and warning signs of poor mental wellbeing
- use effective listening tools and techniques to acknowledge difficult feelings and circumstances
- facilitate constructive and open conversations with employees with mental ill health or other health conditions, to identify and implement appropriate support mechanisms
- signpost people for additional support and consider reasonable adjustments
Thursday 11 January 2024 13:30 - 15:30, 2 South 0.09 Conference room
Manage energy, not time
The number of hours in a day is fixed, but the quantity and quality of energy available to us is not.
- Identify energy zappers that impact on productivity, performance and workload
- Consider strategies and techniques to boost and sustain your energy throughout the day
- Design your day with energy in mind to manage your priorities
Wednesday 13 December 10:00 - 11:30
Thursday 18 January 2024 10:00 - 11:30
Resilience and wellbeing
- Explore a model of personal resilience and wellbeing; identifying strengths and development areas
- Practice effective techniques for developing resilience and wellbeing
- Develop an action plan to improve their own wellbeing
More dates to be organised in 2024
Pressure, stress and performance
- Recognise the warning signs and causes of poor wellbeing and stress
- Manage key sources of pressure and stress using a practical and researched framework
- Explore thinking strategies that impact on stress levels and personal wellbeing
- Reflect on actions you would like to take that support you and your staff to manage mental wellbeing and stress
Monday 4 December 13:15 – 14:45
Wednesday 10 January 2024 10:00 – 11:30
Conversations about suicide
We encourage everyone in our community to engage with the Zero Suicide Alliance training course that will develop your skills and confidence to have potentially life-saving conversations.
This 20 minute session, while at times may be uncomfortable, will give you a better understanding of suicide, why it happens and what you can do to help prevent it. This training also works towards the wider aim of breaking down the stigma surrounding suicide by encouraging open conversations about it.
Enrol in Moodle for the Zero Suicide Alliance training.
Any questions, please contact Marcia Martin firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking these sessions
Bookings can be made via iTrent Employee Self Service (ESS) for all sessions apart from the suicide training.
'Mental' for the Managing Mental Wellbeing at Work workshop
'Pressure' for the Pressure, Stress and Performance workshop
'Resilience' for the Resilience and Wellbeing workshop
'Energy' for the Manage Energy, Not Time workshop
Your manager will receive an automated notification when you book or cancel a place on a course using ESS. If you have any booking queries, please email Marcia Martin email@example.com.