From 19 August 2019, the Office of Policy and Planning and the academic governance and compliance teams from the Office of the University Secretary will be merging to create the new Department of Policy, Planning and Compliance.
The Department’s remit will include planning, risk management, liaison with the Office for Students, academic governance (Senate and its committees, and Joint Council and Senate Committees), student complaints and disciplinary matters, Prevent, Safeguarding, Consumer regulations, and Business Continuity.
Policy, Planning and Compliance contacts
- Director of Policy, Planning and Compliance – Nicky Kemp, 4W 3.15
- Senior Policy & Planning Officer - Richard Griffith, 4W 3.19
- Senior Policy & Planning Officer - Mark Demmen, 4W 3.19
- Policy and Planning Analyst - Graham Brooks, 4W 3.19
- Policy and Planning Analyst – Matthew Wright, 4W 3.19
- Deputy Director (Academic Governance and Compliance) - Angela Pater, 4W 3.04
- Governance Manager - Caroline Harris, 4W 3.09
- Student Casework Manager – Elisabeth Day, 4W 3.09
- Committee Officer – TBC (autumn)
- Administrator – Laura Weeks, 4W 3.09
- Operations and Projects Manager – Sue Stove, 4W 3.07
- Digital & Finance Administrator– Sarah McInnes, 4W 3.07
A new separate Strategic Governance team has been set up, reporting to the Chair of Council, following the recommendation of the Halpin review of Council Effectiveness. It will support Council and its committees.
The contacts are: