From Wednesday 4 May, the way you create workspaces and share data within the Power BI service will change.
These changes will improve data governance by enabling us to restrict access to restricted content.
Creating new workspaces
- You will no longer be able to create new Power BI Service workspaces yourself, they will need to be set up by DDaT on request
- The automatic creation of workspaces when a team is created in Teams will be disabled
Downloading data and sharing reports
- It will no longer be possible to share reports and dashboards (both new and existing) from My Workspace
- Reports will need to be migrated to a multi-user workspace (not My Workspace)
- Multi-user workspaces can be created by DDaT on request
Requesting a new workspace
- Complete the form to request a new Power BI Service Workspace with admin control
- A member of the Business Intelligence Team will contact you to discuss your requirements and support you with the setup options
Classic Workspace upgrade
From Wednesday 27 April:
- All existing classic workspaces will be upgraded to new workspaces
- The new workspace experience helps you better manage access to content
- Find out about the new workspace features
From Friday 15 May:
- All empty classic workspaces will be deleted
- Any new workspaces created will be in the new workspace format
Help and support
If you have any questions regarding these changes or need help, please request support via the Self-Service portal.