Why software may be removed or retired
To keep our information safe, it may be necessary to retire or remove software which:
- has security vulnerabilities
- is no longer fully supported
- can no longer be kept up to date with software patches
How the removal or retirement of software may affect you
If your University-managed device has software that is due to be removed or retired, you will receive a pop-up notification in advance. The notice period may vary depending on how urgently action is needed.
The notification you receive will detail:
- the name of the software affected
- the date and time it will no longer be available
We will provide an approved alternative for software where an alternative is available.
Help and support
If you need help or support in relation to software changes to your University-managed device, please make your request through the Self-Service Portal.