Preparing to launch your CT courses – how can the TEL team help?
To support you and your course team as we approach the launch of your transformed courses in September 2023, the Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) team would like to gather a clear understanding of how we can best assist you, whether that is providing additional resources, clarifying the functionality of existing tools, running hands-on workshops and sessions etc. Please let us know by completing this short survey, by Friday 27th January 2023.
Our support will be most effective if:
- we can work with course teams rather than individuals to ensure consistency across a course
- you engage with us early … particularly if you are aiming to do something new/different. We can’t do the development for you but hope we can make the next few months a bit easier for you by providing appropriate and timely support and resources.
Moodle and Moodle upgrade (Summer 2023)
As you and your course team start making decisions on how you want your new units to look, we will be able to set them up for you in Moodle so that they have a consistent look and feel. This will give you a few months to start preparing your new units ready for next September. If this would be helpful for your course team, please contact us on email@example.com with the new unit codes, unit titles and names of the relevant unit convenors, so that the Moodle spaces can be created.
In the first week of August 2023, we will have the usual Moodle upgrade. The new version of Moodle (Moodle 4.1) will have the same functionality as our current version, but the user interface has had a major revamp, so the site looks different, but the redesign makes the interface more user friendly and easier to navigate.
To give you a chance to familiarise yourself with the new look and feel, we will be making a version of Moodle 4.1 available from the start of Semester 2. We will send out further details when this is available.
- Talk with your colleagues in your course team and fill out the survey – think about how you will integrate your use of Moodle with your in-class delivery. What activities can you deliver online and what works better in person? Let us know what you need support with and how that support may best be delivered to you.
- From the start of Semester 2, have a look at Moodle 4.1 and familiarise yourself with the interface that will be launched in August.
- Review our guidance on integrating TEL into curriculum design and consider how your transformed courses will incorporate the Bath Blend baseline requirements.