The UKRI's Medical Research Council (MRC) and Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) both have mid-range equipment calls opening this autumn.
The second round of the MRC mid-range equipment call will open in October and the University is only allowed to submit one application. The timeline for the BBSRC ALERT22 call has not yet been announced.
For more information on these two funding opportunities please see the previous calls:
When the new calls open we will update the links.
University Selection Process
An internal Bath application will need to be completed by anyone planning to submit a full application to either of these funding calls. An internal panel will then select the final applications to be submitted to the MRC or BBSRC. In the Bath application form please state which funding scheme you want to apply to (BBSRC ALERT22 or MRC Mid-Range Equipment).
If you are planning to submit an application to either of these funding calls you must:
- inform Dr Laura Wisby by 29 September: firstname.lastname@example.org
- submit a completed application form by 03 October to email@example.com
Only applications that have gone through the Bath internal process and been selected by the panel will be able to submit a full application to the funder.
Selection Process Timetable
- 29 September 2022: Potential applicants inform Dr Laura Wisby of their intent to submit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 October 2022: Potential applicants complete written internal application form and send to email@example.com
- Week of 10 October 2022 tbc: Panel meeting to discuss applications and select those be submitted to funder with feedback provided to all potential applications
- October 2022: BBSRC call expected to open October 2022 / MRC call expected to open late October 2022
- October - December ongoing: Peer review support organised by RIS for selected applications
- November/December: Submit full application to BBSRC
- Mid-January: Submit full application to MRC