A low fractional contract is a proper employment contract, where you as the employee have rights to sick pay, redundancy, paid holiday etc, just like a more standard employment arrangement. Any student can apply to work as a GTA provided they have completed the PGTips course run by the Doctoral College.
We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds is truly important in the role of a GTA and will lead to a better environment for our students and enhance the overall learning experience.
Discover how we are supporting inclusion and belonging for those wishing to explore and apply for a position as a GTA:
- We recognise the importance of being able to practice your faith at Bath and can provide you with support and places to be able to do this.
- We are a disability confident leader and support disabled students and staff (both visible or otherwise; physical as well as neuro-diverse).
- We encourage applications from under-represented groups such as Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME), LGBT and disabled people, and value the positive impact that will have on our teams.
- Students here on a Tier 4 visa may be able to apply for this type of opportunity, you can contact student immigration for more information.
- We will never discriminate against people on the grounds of gender identity, intersex conditions or any process of gender reassignment. Our Statement on Trans Equality sets out in more detail how the University will support students and staff.
View our questions and answers guide below to find out more about how we support and encourage a diverse workforce.