Get involved in Freshers' Week
Freshers' Week is Monday 24 to Sunday 30 September 2018. Come and meet people, join student groups and discover opportunities for your time at university.
What happens during Freshers' Week
Freshers’ Week is a week of events, activities and taster sessions to help you meet people, make friends and find out about the clubs, societies and everything else our students' union, The SU, has to offer.
You can get involved in Freshers' Week whether you're an undergraduate or postgraduate student.
- Sports Day – find out about our 48 sports clubs
- SU groups day – find out more and engage with over 100 student groups
- the Freshers’ Fair, with stalls run by The SU, the University and external businesses
- a series of club nights in a huge arena with different themes every evening
- demonstrations and taster sessions from our student groups
- a series of evening events, like comedy nights, murder mysteries, quizzes and coffee crawls
Get your Freshers' Week wristband
You must have an official wristband to go to some Freshers’ Week events. It gives you access to our main arena events and priority access to all other events.
You can buy a wristband online from Monday 17 September 2018, exclusively from The SU Freshers' Week website.
Only official wristbands purchased through The SU website are valid. Watch out for fake wristbands that are sold or promoted elsewhere. These won't get you into Freshers' Week events and you can't exchange them for official wristbands.
As well as the main arena events there will be a selection of ticketed events, across a range of venues, open to all students.
You must complete your University registration before you can buy a wristband.
Get updates and meet your fellow students
You can find out more about Freshers' Week from the: