Student Immigration Basics - a training course for staff
An online and fully interactive training course for all staff working with international students and applicants at the University.
Who this course is suitable for
This course has been created for all University of Bath staff and is suitable for you if you:
- work with international students
- work with international applicants
You may be in an academic, managerial, specialist or administrative role.
What this course will support you with
This course gives you an overview of:
- the student immigration system (Student / Tier 4 visas and Standard Visitor visas)
- the University’s responsibilities as a sponsor of students on Student and Tier 4 visas
- post-study work options for students
- the immigration requirements and considerations at each stage of the student journey from application to post-graduation
- the work of the Student Immigration Service (SIS)
- when and where to refer students to SIS
How this course is structured
The course takes approximately 45 minutes.
You may choose to follow it in order or dip in and out. You may wish to do the whole course, or refer only to specific sections.
The course has been divided into three areas of relevance according to various role types:
- ‘all staff’ sections
- ‘admissions and recruitment staff’ sections (including admissions tutors)
- ‘student support staff’ sections (including Directors of Studies, personal tutors and doctoral supervisors)
This course is designed to be fully interactive - the 'test your understanding' sections will help your self-assessment.