Terms of Reference
Approved by Senate 9 June 2010, revised 22 February 2012, 13 June 2012, 15 October 2014
- To undertake detailed scrutiny for grant of full approval to new programmes (whether to be delivered by the University or a collaborative partner) and make recommendations to Senate accordingly.
- To consider and approve:
- requests for lighter touch paperwork and scrutiny requirements in relation to the full approval of new programmes (including variants of existing awards and new exit awards) and collaborative provision where the potential benefits are considered to outweigh the risks;
- the arrangements for the delivery of an existing programme, including research degree programmes, by a collaborative partner, following detailed scrutiny of their capacity to meet University of Bath standards;
- the renewal of the arrangements for collaborative provision, including collaborative arrangements in research degree programmes, following detailed scrutiny of a collaborative partner’s capacity to maintain University of Bath standards in their delivery of the programme of study;
- proposals for new, modified or renewed exchange arrangements, following appropriate scrutiny;
- major changes to programmes of study (other than the withdrawal of programmes or collaborative provision);
- exemptions to the University’s academic infrastructure;
- professional accreditation submissions.
- in relation to the School of Management, Degree Scheme Review outcomes and action plans and determination of the process for monitoring implementation of each action plan in line with expectations set out in the Quality Assurance Code of Practice.
- to approve cross-programme changes and policies relating to collaborative provision.
Membership: The term of office for nominated members of the Committee is three years (renewable). In the event that a nominated member ceases to be eligible to serve, a replacement to serve for the remainder of their term of office will be nominated (renewable).
Co-option: At the discretion of the Committee in accordance with Senate Standing Order 16.
Alternates: Permitted in accordance with Senate Standing Order 17.
Quorum: One third of the membership of the Committee (Senate Standing Order 16).
Rules for Voting: None
Minutes: Submitted to Senate, Academic Programmes Committee and Learning, Teaching and Quality Committee.