Terms of reference
Revised by the Equality and Diversity Committee on 6 June 2019.
The Equality and Diversity Network aims to:
- Actively promote equality and diversity across the University.
- Engage with current E&D issues facing staff and students and support campaigns.
- Make appropriate recommendations to the Equality and Diversity Committee and ensure accountability through scrutiny and feedback.
- Provide E&D training to EDN members to empower them in their role as allies and facilitate the dissemination of information and good practice to the wider community.
- Act as resource hub through which members of the University community can access information and help others.
- Ensure intersectional needs are heard through diverse representation and collaboration with all staff and student communities.
Appointment of Chair
The Chair is a staff member appointed by the Vice-Chancellor.
There are no specified rules for co-option.
There are no specified rules for alternates.
There is no specified quorum at meetings.
Rules for voting
There are no specified rules for voting.
Minutes are submitted to Equality and Diversity Committee.
Owner: Equality and Diversity Network
Approval Date: 15 February 2018
Approved By: Equality and Diversity Committee
Date of last review: 15 February 2018