UK Advising and Tutoring (UKAT)
The UKAT association is a body of professional practitioners and researchers interested in all aspects of student advising and personal tutoring in Higher Education in the UK.
Articles and Books
A variety of articles and books available to further your knowledge:
- Lochtie, D. et al., 2018. Effective personal tutoring in higher education, St Albans: Critical Publishing.
- QAA Resources for supporting successful student transitions
- The Chronicle of Higher Education Students Struggling With Mental Health Often Confide in Professors. They Want More Guidance on How to Help.
- The Guardian ‘Be interested, be curious, hear what’s not said’: how I learned to really listen to people
- WonkHE Personal tutor sessions can be a place to overcome undergraduate myths
To get an idea of some of the challenges different students face while at Bath, it is useful to subscribe to some of the university blogs, such as: