Approved by Executive Committee on 16 January 2013.
- Be assured that a suitable and sufficient health and safety management system is in place for the protection and prevention of all those who may be affected by the University's activities.
- Monitor performance in respect of health, safety and wellbeing to ensure compliance with legislation as a minimum requirement.
- Consider, and take action as appropriate on, reports from staff representatives.
- Monitor effectiveness of health and safety training through the analysis of feedback evaluation and percentage of those trained.
- Provide a forum for dissemination of information, sharing best practice and relevant discussion.
- Receive accident and incident statistics and monitor action on the findings.
- Monitor the performance of audits and inspections through the receipt of regular reports identifying further action where required.
- Consider enforcement reports from the Health and Safety Executive and other external authorising bodies, supporting action as appropriate.
- Approve Health and Safety policies where these do not require the approval of the Executive Committee.