- to consider nominations for appointed members of Council and to make recommendations to Council. The committee will pay regard to the balance of membership on Council and the needs of the University
- to consider nominations for Pro-Chancellors* and Treasurer of the University and the Chair and Vice-Chair of Council to make recommendations to Council
- to consider nominations for members of Court, to be appointed to Court by the Council. (Section 13.1(e)(ii) of the Statutes provides for Council to appoint up to 24 members of Court, to serve for three years. The Nominations Committee will put forward up to eight names each year)
- to recommend to Council members to be appointed to serve on the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
- to consider nominations for non-members of Council to be co-opted to serve on Council Committees by Council
Under delegated authority from Council:
- to fill any vacancy on a Council Committee for which no nomination is received
- to appoint Council representatives on external and internal bodies
*The appointment of Pro-Chancellors is made by Court on the recommendation of Council.
Appointment of Chair
The Chair of the Committee is appointed by the Chair of Council (ex-officio).
Governed by Council Standing Order 16(vi), there shall be a quorum at meetings of one-third of the membership.
Rules for voting
There are no specified rules for voting.
Minutes are submitted to Council.
Owner: Nominations Committee
Approval Date: 7 July 1995, revised 26 June 1998 and 13 May 2005
Approved By: Council
Date of last review: 13 May 2005