Terms of Reference
Appoved by Council 7 July 1995, Revised by Council 5 July 1996 and 22 October 2009 and updated on 30 November 2017.
- Under delegated authority from Council, to determine the remuneration of the Vice-Chancellor, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, the Pro-Vice-Chancellors, the Deans, the University Secretary, the Director of Finance, and the Director of Estates. The committee will ensure that the performance of the named officers is assessed.
- To approve objectives for the Vice-Chancellor which will be shared with Council.
- To make recommendations to Council on any severance arrangements for staff earning over £100k per year, in accordance with Office for Students guidance.
- To make an annual report to Council.
- Appointment of Chair: The Chair of the committee is appointed by Council on the recommendations of its Nominations committee.
- Co-option: See Council Standing Orders 16(iv) and 16(v)
- Alternates: Not permitted (Council Standing Order 17(iii))
- Quorum: Three members (Council 24 October 2017)
- The committee will meet at least twice each year.