Terms of reference
- In accordance with Statute 7.2, to consider and recommend to Council via Senate persons for appointment as Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
- In accordance with Statute 8.1, to consider and recommend to Council persons for appointment as Dean and Head of School/Department.
Senior Academic Appointment Procedures
The following procedures were approved by Council on the recommendation of Senate on 23 October 2008:
- Procedure for the Appointment of a Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Procedure for the Appointment of a Pro-Vice-Chancellor
- Procedure for the Appointment of a Dean/Head of School
- Procedure for the Appointment of Head of an Academic Department
Membership is governed by Ordinance 3. Holders of posts within the remit of the Committee can serve as members of the Committee if so elected by Council/Senate. This is permitted provided that such postholders withdraw from the meeting for discussion of any appointment for which they are recommended.
Appointment of Chair
The Vice-Chancellor takes the Chair. See Ordinance 3.3.
There shall be a quorum at meetings of one-third of the membership. See Council Standing Order 16(vi).
Rules for voting
There are no specified rules for voting.
Minutes are submitted to Council and Senate.
Owner: Senior Academic Appointments Committee
Approval Date: 17 May 2007
Approved By: Council
Date of last review: 17 May 2007