Terms of Reference
Approved by Council 17th May 2007.
- In accordance with Statute 7.2, to consider and recommend to Council via Senate persons for appointment as Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice-Chancellor.
- In accordance with Statute 8.1, to consider and recommend to Council persons for appointment as Dean and Head of School/Department.
Senior Academic Appointment Procedures
The following procedures were approved by Council on the recommendation of Senate on 23rd October 2008:
- Procedure for the Appointment of a Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Procedure for the Appointment of a Pro-Vice-Chancellor
- Procedure for the Appointment of a Dean/Head of School
- Procedure for the Appointment of Head of an Academic Department
Membership: Governed by Ordinance 3. Holders of posts within the remit of the Committee can serve as members of the Committee if so elected by Council/Senate. This is permitted provided that such postholders withdraw from the meeting for discussion of any appointment for which they are recommended.
Appointment of Chair: The Vice-Chancellor takes the Chair (Ordinance 3.3).
Co-option: See Council Standing orders 16(iv) and 16(v).
Alternates: See Council Standing Orders 17(ii) to (iv).
Quorum: One third of the membership (Council Standing Order 16(vi)).
Rules for voting: None specified.
Minutes: Submitted to Council and Senate.