Getting the most from social media
This workshop aims to instruct attendees in to how to get the most out of their social media profiles, including sharing updates across social media platforms
About the workshop
This intermediate session aims to help attendees get the most out of their social media profiles. It will provide guidance and best-practice in sharing updates across platforms like Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn and provide practical advice on how to increase the effectiveness of time spent on social media sites.
The session will explore how to communicate more effectively through social media. We will investigate how attendees can curate and share content and the session will discuss how to plan and schedule social media updates using a variety of tools.
The session will discuss ways to increase engagement with research and Tom will showcase examples of academics – from Bath and beyond – who use social media effectively. Finally, attendees will learn how to link up their ‘real-world’ activity – talks, conference visits – to their social media profiles in order to generate increased engagement.
As a result of attending this workshop, attendees will:
- be able to use social media platforms more effectively
- be able to make the most of each channel and how much time to spend ‘doing’ social media
- be able to to manage communities on each platform
- encourage engagement and plan ways of growing a 'community'
- understand how to plan and schedule social media content
- understand what success on social media looks like