What is Management meets?
The Management meets series aims to provide expert insight into a variety of professions. With each session focused on a particular industry, profession or topic.
This is a forum for building on expertise by asking questions, discussing challenges and networking with others in the field.
Who is this event for?
This event is particularly for you if you are:
- already operating as an entrepreneur or working in business growth consulting
- an ambitious founder
- a leader of high-growth business
- seeking to overcome the common people-related challenges often associated with rapid expansion
- looking to ensure you're well-prepared for the next stage of growth
What will it cover?
Some of the key challenges we’ll address include:
- striking the optimal balance between ‘doing’ and ‘leading’
- attracting and retaining high-quality talent
- adopting suitable structures and processes to manage increased complexity
- cultivating a cohesive 'team' mentality
- preserving a positive culture when scaling rapidly
What can I expect in this session?
- An hour-long question and answer session led by Professor Dimo Dimov, focussing on David's coaching experience
- Learn from elite sports. Uncover the secrets of how elite sports teams consistently achieve high performance and discover the six fundamental components crucial for team success
- Assess how your business measures up against elite teams and deepen your awareness of challenges and opportunities faced
- Gain insights that are directly applicable to your business and create the conditions necessary for you and your team to thrive
- Engage with an expert panel with a wealth of knowledge and experience. Pose your questions and gain practical advice tailored to your specific challenges. Additionally, connect with like-minded leaders who share your aspirations and concerns
- Network with other alumni entrepreneurs over drinks and nibbles
6pm - Arrival & refreshments
6.30pm - David's session begins
7.30pm - Session ends. Time for networking
8pm - Departure
Our speaker: David Thompson
David completed his Executive MBA with the School of Management in 2023. With more than 20 years of experience working in business and sports, he started his career as a professional rugby player and subsequently spent a decade in sports marketing, working with various multi-national businesses. This led to the co-founding and eventual sale of a highly successful international sports marketing agency. Following this, David transitioned into performance coaching and served as Performance Director at Bath Rugby for eight years.
Looking to apply performance principles from elite sport to the business world, David established Winsight Performance in 2020. With a unique framework, his specialisation lies in supporting leaders and teams of high-growth businesses, helping to create an environment that optimises potential and delivers results.