The South West Pharmacy Research Network's Innovation Day for 2023 will be our first ever in person meeting. We have therefore arranged an exciting programme to:
- enable delegates from different organisations to get to know each other and how they might collaborate on future projects
- inspire delegates to get more involved in research
- increase delegates’ research knowledge and skills
Please read the information below to find out more and then follow the links to register. Places are limited, so don't delay!
The outline programme for the Innovation Day is shown below. Follow this link for a more detailed programme, which will be updated as details are confirmed.
|09:30||Registration, refreshments, networking and posters|
|10:05||Research journeys panel Q&A session: a discussion with pharmacy professionals at all stages of their research career|
|11:15||Refreshments, networking and posters|
|11:45||Parallel workshop 1: How to plan implementation, dissemination and publication of clinical audit, improvement and research activity, OR|
|11:45||Parallel workshop 2: Collaboration: how to build networks, find collaborators and build up larger projects|
|12:45||Lunch (provided), networking and posters|
|14:00||Parallel workshop 3: How research benefits individuals, organisations and workforces, OR|
|14:00||Parallel workshop 4: Planning a new project (Q&A)|
|15:00||Refreshments, networking and posters|
|15:30||Summary of workshops, prize presentation and next steps|
|16:00||End of day|
Posters and prizes
We encourage everyone attending the event to share one or more digital posters, which will be displayed on 65 inch (1.65m) monitors around the venue during the day. They will also be available for download from our website after the conference (unless you ask us not to do this).
Posters can be on anything related to research, audit, service evaluation or quality improvement - there are no specific requirements.
Please do consider submitting a poster, whether you have final results to share, early results for a project that's underway, an idea for a new project or a request for collaborators. Not only will this enhance your CV, it will also improve the networking and interactivity of the day.
There will also be four poster prizes, which will be awarded at the end of the day:
- best poster from an early career researcher (lead author does not have a PhD)
- best poster from a more experienced researcher (lead author has a PhD)
- most visually attractive poster
- delegates' choice
- Ideally be presented landscape using an aspect ratio of 16:9 (standard widescreen format).
- If you have an existing poster with a different aspect ratio that will still be easily read, then please do submit it anyway
- Be easily read when viewed on a 65” (1.65m) monitor
- Be submitted as an image file (.png or .jpg format). Please name this file with only the lead author’s name, e.g. ‘Matthew Jones.png’
- Be emailed to M.D.Jones@bath.ac.uk by Friday 13th October, however we will be grateful for any early submissions!
- In your email, please say if you do not want us to share your poster on our website after the event
Help and advice
This 21 minute YouTube video gives excellent, evidence-based advice on how to design a poster that will attract attention and communicate your key messages – the results are different to most posters you may have seen before.
These instructions explain how to save a poster designed in Microsoft PowerPoint as an image file (scroll halfway down the page).
If you have any difficulties, please contact us using the details below.