About the travel bursary
If you've applied to study here and meet the criteria outlined below, we will be able to refund your travel costs to an undergraduate Applicant Visit Day or interview up to a maximum of £100.
In certain situations, however, we may be able to contribute more than £100: please refer to our Terms and Conditions or contact email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this.
We are unable to refund travel to general University Open Days.
Find out if you’re eligible
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK Home applicant
- have a household income of £25,000 or below
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- your home address is in an area where fewer young people progress to Higher Education (POLAR4, quintiles 1 or 2). Check the POLAR4 quintile of your home postcode
- your home address is considered to be in an area of higher socio-economic disadvantage (IMD, quintiles 1 or 2). Check the IMD quintile of your home postcode (English postcodes only)
- your home address is in quintile 3 according to both POLAR4 and IMD
- you have, or are studying towards, an Access to HE Diploma
- you are a care leaver
- you are 'irreconcilably estranged' from your parents or guardians
- you are a Young Adult Carer
- you are a refugee, asylum seeker or have been granted humanitarian protection
We are unable to provide financial support if you're already receiving funds for your visit from your school or college.