Applicant travel bursaries
Find out if you're eligible for a bursary to help fund your travel to an undergraduate interview or Applicant Visit Day.
About the travel bursary
If you've applied to study here and meet the criteria outlined below, we will be able to refund your travel costs to an undergraduate interview or Applicant Visit Day up to a maximum of £100.
We are unable to refund travel to general University Open Days.
Find out if you’re eligible
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK Home applicant
- have a household income of £25,000 or below
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- your home is in an area where there's a low participation of young people progressing into higher education, as classified by POLAR
- your home is in an area of higher socio-economic disadvantage according to ACORN data analysis
- your school or college's performance is below average
- you are a care leaver
- you have, or are studying towards, an Access to HE Diploma
- you are 'irreconcilably estranged' from your parents or guardians
- you are a Young Adult Carer
- you are a refugee
We are unable to provide financial support if you're already receiving funds for your visit from your school or college.