Skip to main content

Get help when you are locked out of guest accommodation

What to do if you can't get into your room or accommodation block, or you have lost your keys or access card.

Problems accessing your room

If you lose your key or access card, or there is a fault with your lock, do not force doors to get into buildings or rooms. You will be liable for any damage. There are University staff that can help you.

Contact your accommodation centre to get help.

City Accommodation Centre is staffed from 8am to 12am midnight Monday to Friday, and 10am to 10pm on Saturdays and Sundays. East Accommodation Centre is staffed from 8.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 11.30am to 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays

Outside those opening hours, calls will be forwarded to Security.

The Security team could be dealing with an incident anywhere on University property, in the city or on campus, so you may experience a short wait for a member of the team to meet you.