Responsibilities of the team
The Purchasing team supports the University’s aims by working with staff and suppliers to optimise the procurement of goods, works and services. We achieve this and the strategic aims of the Procurement Strategy by being responsible for:
- the provision of a professional resource for the delivery of all major procurement activity
- ownership of the University’s Purchasing Policy including its development, maintenance and on-going monitoring for compliance
- ownership of the Purchase 2 Pay process for the acquisition of all goods, services and works
- payment of all invoices for bought-in goods, services and works
- collation of plans for all procurement activity
- procurement of all above EU threshold contracts
- development of guidance, tools and templates for operational procurement needs that reflect current best practice
- procurement and management of strategic and transactional tools to improve the efficiency of procurement activity, including the use of e-procurement technologies
- development and delivery of all procurement-related training to internal stakeholders
- management and monitoring of a defined range of contracts and supplier relationships
- management of the University’s relationship with external purchasing consortia
- provision of professional advice and support on all matters relating to procurement
Use the Swap Shop wiki to give, swap or trade equipment on campus.
FAQs - frequently asked questions
Information and guidance to help you make purchases on behalf of the University.
Give feedback or get support
Our team is interested in hearing your views on anything to do with purchasing at the University, for example, the performance of contracted suppliers.
Please get in contact at email@example.com or speak directly to the relevant category manager.