Rules and Regulations
Find out the latest information on Covid-19 and how to stay safe at the University. (Updated 5 August 2022)
Food and drink
Once through the entrance turnstiles
- Bottled soft drinks and water are permitted as well as drinks in re-useable cups with lids (e.g. KeepCups) and thermos flasks.
- Disposable cups are not permitted. This is in support of the University’s environmental initiatives and ‘leave no trace’ campaign to reduce waste.
- Food is not allowed in the Library Study areas
Before you go through the turnstiles
- You can use the snack area to the right of the University Reception & Security Desk. Any food and drink is permitted in this area. It is a self-tidying area and we ask that you please be mindful of your fellow Library users.
- Treat others with dignity, courtesy and respect.
- Always carry your Library card as you need it to access the Library and its resources. Do not lend it to anyone.
- Keep your belongings with you at all times. You are responsible for keeping them safe.
- Do not use mobile phones in quiet study areas or bookstacks, or anywhere you may disturb other library users.
- Levels 1, 3, 4 and 5 are designated’ quiet’ – some noise is permitted as long as you are not disturbing your fellow students.
- Conversation is acceptable in the social space in the Library entrance area and Level 2 Study Space.
- Sleeping is not acceptable in the Library
Library users should also read the University Regulations Section 10 in relation to Use of Facilities.