Recording time away from the University
There are specific leave categories on iTrent for recording time spent away from your usual University base (this does not include time working from home). They are 'Off-campus working' and 'Training & Conference' and allow you to record time off for a half-day or more. This is particularly important for staff working under a Skilled Worker or Temporary Work Visa − referred to as Sponsored Workers. Sponsored Workers are required to inform the University when working away from the University or their normal base.
Using iTrent Employee Self-Service
- Log in to Employee Self Service using your normal University username and password.
- Click on the 'View all other absence' on the 'Other Absence' section on the Dashboard or select the 'My Time' tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- To book an 'Other absence', you need to click on the 'Add other absence' button in the 'Other absence' box, this will take you to the 'Other absence details' screen. You will need to select the type of absence by clicking on the drop-down menu and selecting the appropriate absence that you wish to request, such as 'Training & Conference' or 'Off-campus working'.
- Once you've selected the appropriate leave type, you will need to select the duration of your absence using the drop-down menu. Select 'Full-day', 'Half day' or 'More than one day'. The boxes for you to input the start and end dates of your absence will appear once you have selected the duration.
- Once you've entered the dates, press the 'Save' button at the bottom of the screen.
- You will receive an email confirming your time away from the University.