Skip to main content
University of Bath

Recording time away from the University

To show staff how to record time away from the University (e.g. conferences or meetings off campus / base but not sickness absence, annual leave or TOIL.

Recording Time Away from the University

iTrent has specific leave categories of Off-campus working or Training & Conference to allow staff to record their time of a half-day or more off their University base (this would not include working from home). This is particularly important for staff who are working under a Skilled Worker / Tier 2 Visa or Tier 5 Visa - who are referred to as Sponsored Workers who have a requirement to inform the University when working off the University or their normal base.

Using iTrent Employee Self-Service

  1. Log onto Employee Self Service using your normal University username and password.
  2. Select the "Sickness & Leave" tab in the light blue tabs along the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "+ add other" button (this is a royal blue button towards the bottom right of the screen)
  4. When the Other Absence Details Screen appear click the pull-down menu under absence reason - select either Training & Conference or Off-campus working.
  5. Click on the pull-down menu under absence period - select full-day, half day or more than one day and enter the date or dates of the absence.
  6. Click "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
  7. You will receive an email confirming your Time away from the University