Recording time away from the University
To show staff how to record time away from the University (e.g. conferences or meetings off campus / base but not sickness absence, annual leave or TOIL.
Recording Time Away from the University
iTrent has specific leave categories of Off-campus working or Training & Conference to allow staff to record their time of a half-day or more off their University base (this would not include working from home). This is particularly important for staff who are working under a Skilled Worker / Tier 2 Visa or Tier 5 Visa - who are referred to as Sponsored Workers who have a requirement to inform the University when working off the University or their normal base.
Using iTrent Employee Self-Service
- Log onto Employee Self Service using your normal University username and password.
- Select the "Sickness & Leave" tab in the light blue tabs along the top of the screen.
- Click on the "+ add other" button (this is a royal blue button towards the bottom right of the screen)
- When the Other Absence Details Screen appear click the pull-down menu under absence reason - select either Training & Conference or Off-campus working.
- Click on the pull-down menu under absence period - select full-day, half day or more than one day and enter the date or dates of the absence.
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
- You will receive an email confirming your Time away from the University