Julie Chambers Business Gateway and Consultancy Services Manager
Julie is the main contact for all external business enquiries and consultancy within the University.
Julie's role is to increase knowledge transfer between the University and other organisations, including businesses, SMEs, non-for-profit organisations and the public sector. This includes:
- establishing relationship with industry
- matching the needs of the client with an expert
- negotiating fees
- protecting Intellectual Property
- drafting and negotiating contracts
- invoicing and financial documentation
Julie originally joined the University as the Assistant to the Head of Intellectual Property and Legal Services, and became the University’s Consultancy Manager in 2014. Previous roles include Human Resources Officer at the University of Leicester, Assistant to the head of a law firm in the Midlands, and Office Manager to a multi-national construction company.