Dr Karen Angus-Cole Curriculum Development Officer
Karen works within the Curriculum Development team to support the University’s Curriculum Transformation.
- Faculty of Science Liaison
- Citizenship and Sustainability Specialist
Following completion of her PGCE training, Karen worked at a large comprehensive school in Cambridgeshire teaching the 11-18 age range. Subsequently, she taught in a small, rural secondary school in Dorset. At both schools she taught Biology and Chemistry at A-level, including all sciences at GCSE level. During her teaching career, Karen was a member of the Department for Education Teacher Reference Group, helping to advise on education policy. Whilst teaching, Karen also worked for Cambridge Assessment, OCR, the BBC, and the University of Cambridge in an Education Consultant role, as well as reviewing for the Journal of Biological Education.
- MBiochem in Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Oxford
- MPhil in Medical Sciences, University of Cambridge
- PhD in Medicine, University of Cambridge
- PGCE Secondary Science (Biology), University of Cambridge