Sam Sherry Data Protection Officer
Sam is the University's Data Protection Officer.
Sam is the University’s Data Protection Officer and ensures that data is collected by the institution is processed in accordance with data protection and regulations.
- Promoting a culture of data protection at the University.
- Working with colleagues to create Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) to ensure that data processing is conducted fairly, transparently, and securely.
- Responding to Subject Access Requests (SARs).
- Investigating and responding to personal data breaches.
- Assisting colleagues in being compliant with privacy regulations.
Prior to joining the University of Bath in 2023, Sam worked for the Home Office and the Ministry of Justice in a performance and information capacity before moving into the private and subsequently public Defence sectors in information management and data protection roles.
Sam graduated from the University of Essex in 2014 with a BSc in Criminology. In 2023 he became a certified Data Protection Practitioner.