Amanda Harper Director of Administration
Member of the University of Bath internal coaching network.
As a qualified coach and member of the University’s internal network since 2016, Amanda has constantly witnessed the power of coaching in unlocking potential, in providing clarity and focus and in improving confidence. Amanda is a good listener, she is resourceful and will act as a catalyst and facilitator to achieve results. Amanda will challenge where appropriate but always being supportive and committed and all within a safe environment.
Amanda enjoys and is motivated by working with talented individuals (even if, at the start they don’t recognise this in themselves) who want to have even greater impact or equally just want to find some solutions.
Specific areas of interest in relation to coaching:
- Building confidence
- Developing leadership skills
- Moving roles/starting a new role
- Maintaining wellbeing and work/life balance
- Women in leadership roles (and/or aspiring to them)
- Finding your motivation
With the majority of her career spent in Higher Education, Amanda is able to draw on significant experience and a wide range of skills both for her substantive role as Director of Administration but is also called on much more widely across the University, getting involved with different projects and playing a role in a number of very different working groups and committees. As co-founder of the Senior Professional Services Women’s Network, Amanda very much enjoys and thrives on creating opportunities for networking and development and seeing the bigger picture.
After many years of informal coaching and mentoring, Amanda has met and worked with a wide variety of staff from across all areas of the University, witnessing the positive outcomes coaching can achieve. The coaching experience is a two-way thing and Amanda gains much motivation and satisfaction from learning from others as they work together to find solutions and positive outcomes.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 Coaching and Mentoring
- Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) Level 5 Coaching
- ILM Level 5 Leadership Skills
- Strengthscope Certified Practitioner
- Advance HE Aurora Mentor/Role Model ‘Process Fix’ Accredited Trainer
- Regular CPD sessions with Sharon Charlton-Thomson, Leadership Coaching