Richard Brooks Director of Human Resources
Responsible for a wide range of services to the University relating to the recruitment, development and wellbeing of all members of the workforce.
Richard Brooks joined the University as Director of Human Resources in 2016. The HR team provide a wide range of services to the University relating to the recruitment, development and wellbeing of all members of the workforce. He is particularly interested in:
- shaping the workforce to meet the challenges the University faces in a changing HE environment
- giving individuals the opportunities to fulfil their potential
- helping the University develop a culture which is unique and inspiring.
- Member of the University Executive
- Member of the University Planning Team
- Member of the University Equality & Diversity Committee
- Member of the University Health & Safety Committee
Richard has spent 30 years in the public sector, initially training as a marine engineer to design ships for the Navy. He undertook a range of different project management roles before taking his first steps into Human Resources with the Ministry of Defence. He has, in recent years, moved between operational leadership roles, HR and change management. His last job before joining the University was as the Director responsible for the defence research programme.
Running a smallholding with sheep, pigs, chickens, ducks and ponies is probably the most enriching part of Richard’s ongoing education. Outside that he has a Masters degree in Marine Engineering from UCL, is a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.