Rachel Acres Faculty Assistant Registrar
Member of the University of Bath internal coaching network.
Rachel has worked in higher education for the last 18 years, with experience in administration, governance and project management. She has always been committed to individual and organisational development, having been an advocate for the Association of University Administrators for the last 5 years, and is now training to be a Coach with The OCM on their apprenticeship scheme.
As Rachel progresses through her apprenticeship, she will use evidence based tools and techniques, providing a safe and supportive space to explore challenges and to help develop insight, clarify purpose and make positive changes for her coachees.
Particular areas of interest in relation to coaching:
- Maintaining wellbeing and balance
- Building confidence
- Thinking about next steps for career development
Rachel is an Assistant Registrar in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and ensures the effective operation of the Faculty’s registry and secretariat functions, leads of a number of projects related to learning and teaching, and provides advice and support to academics on the University Regulations and Quality Code of Practice. She works with a job-share and together they manage the Taught Programmes Team.
- Currently working towards a Level 5 Coaching Qualification with The OCM (expected finish March 2025)
- BA American Studies (First), University of Reading
- MA US History and Politics (Distinction), University of Keele
- Association of University Administrators (AUA) Advocate from 2018-2023
- Managing with Impact programme (2022)
- Regular CPD sessions with Sharon Charlton-Thomson, Leadership Coaching