Professor Bas Verplanken Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences Director of Doctoral Studies
Bas Verplanken is responsible for the academic and operational management of the Faculty’s doctoral programmes.
Bas was appointed Faculty Director of Doctoral Studies in August 2017. He works with the Faculty Associate Dean (Research), departmental Directors of Study, Academic Leads of Doctoral Training Entities and Professional Doctorates and the Doctoral College team to promote consistent approaches across the Faculty.
- Habits, behavioural habits and mental habits
- Attitudes and attitude-behaviour relations
- Values and the self
- Health behaviour, (un)healthy eating and exercising
- Body image
- Consumer behaviour and impulsive buying
- Environmental behaviour, traffic mode choice and environmental values
Bas held positions at the University of Nijmegen in The Netherlands and the University of Tromsø in Norway before moving to Bath's Department of Psychology in 2006.
Bas holds a PhD from the University of Leiden in The Netherlands.