Sarah McFarlane Head of Student Marketing (Undergraduate)
Sarah is responsible for activities and tools that support the University’s undergraduate recruitment strategy.
Sarah has been in post since July 2018. Her key areas of focus are:
- pre-applicant comms and publications including the undergraduate prospectus and Choose Bath, outbound marketing emails and online content
- the Applicant CRM tool-kit used to communicate with prospective students
- institution-wide campaigns that promote undergraduate courses, such as Clearing
- the standards and guidelines for student recruitment communication
- Undergraduate profiles and adverts on third-party websites
Immediately before working at Bath, Sarah was responsible for marketing and communications at a Life Sciences start-up in Somerset.
Prior to this, Sarah was the Marketing Manager at the Mayor’s Office in London where she was responsible for marketing and PR campaigns. This included the 2016 Mayoral elections, the Night Tube launch, and major ticketed events including London’s NYE Fireworks.
Sarah started her marketing career at Hewlett Packard, spending 7 years in the European Software, PC and then Global Customer marketing teams.
Sarah holds a BSc from the University of Sussex. She also has a Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) diploma in Marketing.