Fiona Pettengale Internal Coach
Member of the University of Bath internal coaching network.
Fiona made the decision to train as an International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified coach in 2023 having experienced the benefits of individual and group coaching herself. She is passionate about sharing this expertise to support and enable others to experience the power of coaching to unlock their full potential and achieve their goals. Her coaching style is compassionate and supportive, believing in the significance of building a connection and understanding of each client. Using this insight allows her to provide a coaching environment that challenges the client, but is always gentle and non-confronting, supporting personal growth and exploration.
Particular areas of interest in relation to coaching:
- Wellbeing and work/life balance.
- Time and Stress Management.
- Career progression and development.
- Managing change.
- Building confidence and resilience.
Fiona has worked in Higher Education for the last 30 years and have experience of working with academics, students and professional services staff in her roles in the Research and Innovation Service and the Careers Service at the University of Bath. Her current role of Pre-Award Development Officer involves supporting early career and senior academics across the faculties of Science, Engineering and Humanities and Social Sciences developing and submitting research grant proposals to a range of funders. She is certified ICF professional coach and has a separate coaching practice.
- Level 2 ACC Professional coaching diploma certified by the International Coaching Federation (ICF), working towards ICF accreditation.
- Certified DISC practitioner
- BA (Hons) Geography, University of Hull
- Regular CPD Sessions with Sharon Charlton-Thomson, Leadership Training