Dr Ceri-Wyn Thomas Research Development Manager
Ceri-Wyn supports academics in their research ambitions through expert funding advice, strategic planning and developing high-quality funding proposals.
Ceri-Wyn is the Research Development Manager in Research and Innovation Services (RIS) for Horizon Europe, the EU's key funding programme for research and innovation. Her work includes identifying opportunities and developing high-quality research proposals relevant to:
- European Research Council (ERC)
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
- Pillar II Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness Clusters in:
- Culture, Creativity and Inclusive Societies
- Digital, Industry & Space
- Civil Security for Society
- Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture & Environment
- EU Missions
As part of the Research Grant Development team, Ceri-Wyn facilitates workshops and provides skills training for improving grant proposal outcomes.
Ceri-Wyn worked for the Biotechnology and Biosciences Research Council for five years, managing funding portfolios in animal health, ageing, and neuroscience and developing strategic oversight of those research areas. Prior to that, she worked in academic publishing for eight years, managing a portfolio of journals for IOP Publishing (the Institute of Physics).
Ceri-Wyn has a PhD in Palaeobiology from the University of Bristol, and a first-class BSc (Hons) in Geology from the University of Cardiff.