Dr James Hamilton Technology Transfer Manager
James is responsible for commercialising research outcomes for the University and industry collaborators.
James will work with you to commercialise your research through:
- identifying the commercial value of your research
- protecting the intellectual property of your research
- working with industry to commercialise your research
- negotiating with licensees, investors and partners
James supports research commercialisation for Software, Bio-engineering and Sciences at the University.
James has over 20 years relevant experience working in Technology Transfer, in addition to 10 years working in industry in both technical and marketing roles. In his recent roles, James has been responsible for identifying business opportunities associated with new technologies. He has worked extensively with academics (Oxford, Bristol & Southampton Universities), government (Dstl) and industrial scientists (Unilever, Thermo and BioRad) to source new ideas and concepts in order to commercialise them. As part of this he has successfully commercialised several new technologies including the creation of spin-out companies.
- PhD (Biochemistry/Genetics) Unilever Scholarship, University of London
- BSc. (Hons) Molecular Biology, University of Glasgow