Ms Kate Robinson JP, BA, MA, FCLIP, FRSA University Librarian
Leading the Library service in providing access to the world’s knowledge through excellent services, 24/7, for the advancement of education and research at Bath
Kate Robinson was appointed University Librarian in 2012.
She is a member of the University’s Executive and Statutory Committees which shape and lead the University’s strategy and vision.
She leads the Library service toward its goals in:
- Understanding and anticipating the information needs of the University community.
- Enhancing systems and services, making quality digital and print information readily available and accessible.
- Providing advocacy, expert advice and teaching in discovering and exploiting information sources.
- Ensuring the provision of systems, expertise and support in research analytics and the open publishing of research outputs.
- Delivering technologically-rich study environments conducive to quiet concentration or collective working.
- Chair of the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals’ (CILIP) Professional Registration & Accreditation Board
- Fellow of both the Royal Society of Arts and CILIP
- Member of University Council
Kate has worked in libraries since the 1980s; contributing to a range of sectors including public libraries, private members’ libraries and the advertising industry. She is committed to developing skills and professionalism and was lecturer, dissertation supervisor and unit organiser for the Information and Library Management MSc at both Bristol University and UWE, and continues her mentoring and assessing role for CILIP’s Framework of Professional Qualifications.
A Theology graduate from the University of Manchester with a Masters in Library & Information Studies, Kate’s interests are user focussed and she particularly enjoys collaborative projects which exploit new ideas and new technologies.