Ms Kate Robinson University Librarian
Leading the Library service in providing access to the world’s knowledge through excellent services, 24/7, for the advancement of education and research at Bath
Kate Robinson was appointed University Librarian in 2012.
She leads the Library service its goals to:
- Understand, anticipate and support the information needs of the University community.
- Collect materials and enhance services and systems to make quality information readily available and accessible.
- Provide advocacy, expert advice and teaching in discovering and exploiting information sources.
- Provide systems, expertise and support in research analytics and the open publishing of research output.
- Deliver a technologically-rich study environment conducive to quiet concentration or collective working.
- Past President of the Chartered Institute of Library & Information Professionals (CILIP) 2022
- Chair of CILIP's Sector Development Committee
- Member of the Executive Board of Directors of the International Association of University Libraries (IATUL)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
- Fellow of CILIP
Kate has worked in libraries since the 1980s; contributing to a range of sectors including public libraries, private members’ libraries and the advertising industry. She was a lecturer, dissertation supervisor and unit organiser for the Information and Library Management MSc at both Bristol University and UWE, Chair of Governors for a local 1st School for many years and served as a Magistrate until 2012. She is committed to developing skills and professionalism and led CILIP’s Review of Professional Registration in 2020.
A Theology graduate from the University of Manchester with a Masters in Library & Information Studies, Kate’s interests are user focussed and she particularly enjoys collaborative projects which exploit new ideas and new technologies.