QA12 External Examining (Taught Provision)
This QA Code of Practice statement details the principles and processes underpinning external examining of taught provision at the University of Bath.
This statement contains information on the following:
- The role and appointment of External Examiners
- The support provided by departments for External Examiners, including initial and ongoing induction and the External Examiner's Handbook
- Annual reporting by External Examiners
- Monitoring and review of external examining.
For information on the role of External Examiners in doctoral programmes, please see Guidance and forms for staff involved in doctoral provision.
Sources of further information
- Guidance for External Examiners
- External Examiner Annual Reports and responses are available to students and staff upon request to Academic Registry