Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Improvement (CHI²)
We are a multi-disciplinary centre at the University of Bath specialising in applied health research and consultancy.
Members of the centre work closely with health and social care managers and professionals, drawing on a wide range of research expertise, including:
- operational research/management science
- operations management
- information systems
- other quantitative and qualitative research methods and models
- experience from different industries.
Our activities are supported by a number of experienced visiting and honorary staff, who provide invaluable clinical advice and insight in the workings of national and international health systems.
- Elena Kasparis, "Improving Performance in Humanitarian Pharmaceutical Donation Supply Chains: A Study of the Neglected Tropical Diseases Preventative Chemotherapy Supply Chain"
- Savvas Morris, "Investigating the dynamics between local hospital leaders and policy makers in the context of quality improvement initiatives: the case of radiotherapy service provision"
- Matthew Woodward, "Operational decision making in healthcare and decision support models"
- Dr Sian Smith-Lickess
- Dr Neophytos (Neo) Stylianou
Visiting and honorary
- Anna Burhouse MA MA MSc, Director of Quality Development, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Carol Peden MD, FRCA, FFICM, FFMLM, MPH, Professor of Anesthesiology and Executive Director, Centre for Heath System Innovation, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
- Simon Sethi MBA, Director of Operations and Urgent Care, Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Mark Tooley PhD FREng, President of the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine
- Dr Tricia Woodhead BM MBA MRCP (UK) FRCR, Associate Clinical Director for Patient Safety, West of England Academic Health Science Network (WEAHSN)
- Dr Richard Wood PhD, Head of Modelling and Analytics, BNSSG Clinical Commissioning Group
Recent MSc project students
- Sam Evans, "A Critical Assessment of the Influential Factors upon the Attendance Volumes and Attendance Rates Observed at a Specific NHS Ophthalmology Service", in collaboration with NHS Wales
- Manon De Prez, "Supporting capacity planning in community care through novel computer simulation models developed in R", in collaboration with BNSSG CCG
- Panayiotis Nikakis, "Optimising Healthcare Facilities Location through a Bi-Objective Efficiency-Equity Model", in collaboration with BNSSG CCG
- Chun-Yu Lo, "Time Series Forecasting of Clinical Activities to Support National Planning", in collaboration with NHS Improvement